Perfect You

Perfect You
Elizabeth Scott

Kate Brown's life has gone downhill fast...
Her father has quit his job to sell vitamins at the mall, and Kate is forced to work with him. Her best friend has become popular, and now she acts like Kate is invisible. And then there's Will. Gorgeous, unattainable Will, whom Kate acts like she can't stand even though she can't stop thinking about him. When Will starts acting interested, Kate hates herself for wanting him when she's sure she's just his latest conquest. Kate figures that the only way things will even stop hurting so much is if she keeps to herself and stops caring about anyone or anything. What she doesn't recognize is that while life may not always be perfect, good things can happen-but only if she lets them...

summary from back of book

My Rating: 5/5

Another book I really loved. This was my first Elizabeth Scott novel that I initially was drawn to because of the amazing cover. Turns out the story is just an wonderful. I really like Kate, she was a great character. The dialogue between her and Will was often hilarious. They were so sarcastic and their wit never faltered. I laughed a lot reading this. Not all was funny though. This story also has the parts that make you feel really bad and in turn, makes you sympathize with Kate. Her friend Anna is anything but a friend.

She keeps giving Kate false hope, suggesting that they'll be friends again when Anna's actions speak otherwise. Then there's Kate's family which seems to be crumbling at the seams, her father who refuses to give up his dream of selling vitamins to support his family. I thought this was a really great novel with wonderful characters. I also really love how it ended. I don't want to give too much away but I really appreciated the ending, it was realistic to how things truly are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Get In Touch