This Is What I Want to Tell You

This Is What I Want to Tell You
By: Heather Duffy Stone

Nadio and his twin sister, Noelle, always had a unique bond. And somehow, Keeley Shipley fit perfectly into their world. But when Keeley spends the summer in England, she comes home changed, haunted by a dark memory. As she and Nadio fall in love, they try to hide if from Noelle, who's jealously guarding a secret of her own. Slowly, a life-long friendship begins to crack under the crushing weight of past trauma, guarded secrets, jealousy, obsession and an unexpected love that could destroy them.

summary from amazon.com

My Rating: 3.5/5

I'll admit that when I first started reading this book, I didn't really know much of what it was about. The back of the book doesn't even provide a summary but I figured out rather quickly the messages it was to convey. This is Heather Duff Stone's first published novel and I think it was really wonderful. It's told through two perspectives; twin brother and sister Nadio and Noelle both of whom are no longer as close as they once were. This novel is really just about finding yourself, trying to discover who you are and who you want to be.

At least that's what I took from it. I think it's a book that many young people will relate to and even those older than the young adult age bracket will be able to sympathize with the characters and relate back to a time where they felt similar if not the same emotions as well as were faced with similar conflicts. The only thing I didn't like about this book (which has more to do with format than anything else) is that the dialogue was not presented in quotations which made conversations a little difficult to follow at times.

1 comments:

  1. This book sounds pretty. I have it in my wishlist since long ago and today my friend ask me for an advice of what book to read next so I told her to surf trough the blogs and she found about this book.

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Get In Touch