The Book of Luke

The Book of Luke
By: Jenny O'Connell

Emily Abbott has always been considered the girl most likely to be nice- but lately being nice hasn't done her any good. Her parents have decided to move from Chicago back to their hometown of Boston in the middle of Emily's senior year. Only Emily's first real boyfriend, Sean, is in Chicago. Then Sean dumps Emily on moving day and her father announces he's staying behind in Chicago to "tie up loose ends," and Emily decides that what a nice girl needs to do is to stop being nice.

She reconnects with her best friends in Boston, Josie and Lucy, only to discover that they too have been on the receiving end of some glaring Guy Don'ts. So when the girls have to come up with something to put in the senior class time capsule, they know exactly what to do. They'll create a not-so-nice reference guide for future generations of guys-an instruction book.

But when her friends draft Emily to test out their tips on Luke Preston who just broke up with Josie by email-Emily soon finds that Luke is the trickiest of test subjects...and that even a nice girl like Emily has a few things to learn about love.

summary from back of book

My Rating: 5/5

I loved this book! It was the first Jenny O'Connell novel I read although I've continued on my spree and have read everything else by her at this point. I think she's really great and I love her books. This story was really great. I loved the characters (especially Luke) and the plan that Emily and her friends Josie and Lucy put together. There are little tips located at the top of each chapter referred to as the The Guy's Guide. I thought those were really original to place in the actual novel. You know that Emily is assembling a guide but to actually see some of their comments/suggestions was really cute not to mention funny. I recommend this book to anyone along with anything else O'Connell has written.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Get In Touch