Sneak Peek Saturday: Fall For Anything

Fall For Anything
By: Courtney Summers

Pub date: December 21st, 2010

When Eddie Reeves’s father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he seemed to find inspiration in everything he saw? And, most important, why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? 

When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father’s and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. Culler seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. 

But Eddie’s vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on...but are some questions better left unanswered?
____________

My hands are dying.

I keep trying to explain it to Milo, but he just looks at me like I’m crazy.

"They don’t feel warm–they haven’t." I squeeze the tips of my finers as hard as I can, which hurts. "They’re not numb, though…"

"Maybe you have that… Raynaud’s disease," he says. He takes my right hand and studies my fingers. They seem healthy, pink. He shakes his head. "They’re not blue."

"But they’re cold."

"They feel warm to me."

"They feel cold," I insist.

"Okay, Eddie," he says. "They’re cold."

I jerk my hands from his and then I rub them together. Friction. Heat. Milo can say what he wants; they’re freezing. It’s the hottest summer Branford has seen in something like ten years, but I haven’t been able to get my hands to warm up since it happened.

I hold them up again. They don’t even look like my hands anymore. They don’t even look like anything that could belong to me, even though they’re clearly attached.

"They’re different" I tell him.

"Would you please put your hands down?" he asks. "Jesus."

My hands have changed. I catch Milo looking at them sometimes, and I see it on his face that they’re different, no matter what he’s saying now...


____________
December 21st cannot come fast enough! I am so looking forward to Fall For Anything. To read the remainder of this excerpt which includes chapters one through five you can do so here. For more on Courtney Summers and her amazing novels you can visit her official website and or blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Get In Touch