Upcoming Release: Revolution

Revolution
By: Jennifer Donnelly

Pub date: September 28th, 2010

BROOKLYN: Andi Alpers is on the edge. She’s angry at her father for leaving, angry at her mother for not being able to cope, and heartbroken by the loss of her younger brother, Truman. Rage and grief are destroying her. And she’s about to be expelled from Brooklyn Heights’ most prestigious private school when her father intervenes. Now Andi must accompany him to Paris for winter break.

PARIS: Alexandrine Paradis lived over two centuries ago. She dreamed of making her mark on the Paris stage, but a fateful encounter with a doomed prince of France cast her in a tragic role she didn’t want—and couldn’t escape.

Two girls, two centuries apart. One never knowing the other. But when Andi finds Alexandrine’s diary, she recognizes something in her words and is moved to the point of obsession. There’s comfort and distraction for Andi in the journal’s antique pages—until, on a midnight journey through the catacombs of Paris, Alexandrine’s words transcend paper and time, and the past becomes suddenly, terrifyingly present.

summary from goodreads.com

I love anything to do with history and the past and have alwyas found it intruguing. I think the concept for this novel sounds refreshing and different. I'm curious to see how the lives of these two girls come together. It sounds exciting!

6 comments:

  1. I so can't wait for this one! Loved A Northern Light and this sounds pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/23/2010

    I hadn't heard of this one! I love when bloggers share lesser known books. It sounds great and different from a lot that's out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I'm really excited about this one too! It sounds great and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds sooooo good...I've never heard of it before, so thanks for bringing it to my attention! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle
    You have gotten a blog award, congrats!
    you can pick it up at my blog:
    http://marjoleinbookblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-blog-award-yay.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a really intriguing concept. I like the idea of following one story in the past and one in the present. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Get In Touch