Book Of The Month: March 2009

Every month, I'm going to be posting one single book that I really love and greatly enjoyed. This month’s is Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles. Simone is a really great author, one of my favourites writing for the Young Adult genre. I think she's greatly underrated so I thought I'd hype her and her books up a little. ;)

Leaving Paradise is told through the alternating perspectives of Caleb Becker and Maggie Armstrong. Maggie has spent the last year of her life maneuvering through hospitals and physical therapy after she was struck by a car. Caleb has spent the past year in juvenile detention where he served nine months for driving the car that hit Maggie. While back in town, Caleb continues to bump into Maggie even though he has been told to stay away from her. What happens when the person who damaged you for life becomes the person you trust the most? 

This is just a great book through and through. Great characters, great plot, and a shocking twist that you will not have seen coming. In my opinion, it is a must read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Get In Touch