The Adoration of Jenna Fox

The Adoration of Jenna Fox
By: Mary E. Pearson

How far would you go to save someone you love?
Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she's still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen? Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. Along with the memories come questions-questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?

summary from back of book


My Rating: 4/5

I really enjoyed this book. It seems that I'm always intrigued by books with a science fiction undertone. There was mystery and suspense in this book told beautifully through Mary E. Pearson's writing which I think is terrific. This was the second novel by Pearson which I read. (The Scribbler of Dreams being the first...which by the way you must read.) I thought the plot was original as well as exhilarating. There's so much hidden from Jenna and in turn, the reader as well. This is one of those page flippers, a book you can't put down until you've discovered the truth. I thought I knew what was going on but I was fairly wrong, on the right track, but still shocked when I came across the real truth of who Jenna Fox really is and what exactly her parents have been hiding from her. A really great read.

2 comments:

  1. me tooo!! i love sci. fi/romance type books. hunger games, and pretties are more of my faves just because they're not predictable. i just started reading this one too:)
    -amy
    btw: i love your site layout-really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/11/2009

    Yay! My first comment haha. Thanks Amy! =D

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Get In Touch