How To Be Bad


How To Be Bad
By: Lauren Myracle, Sarah Mlynowski, E. Lockhart

Vicks is the wild child whose boyfriend has gone suspiciously quiet since he left for college; Mel is the newcomer desperate to be liked; and Jesse will do anything to avoid a life-altering secret.

Each one has her own reason for wanting to get the heck out of their nowheresville town, even just for the weekend. So they climb into Jesse's mom's "borrowed" station wagon and head south.

Hearts will be broken, friendships will be tested, and a ridiculously hot stranger could change the course of everything.

Summary from book

My Rating: 3.5/5

I've wanted to read How To Be Bad for quite some time now. I love the premise of a roadtrip and three friends being a little impulsive and discovering things along the way. This book is just a lot of fun. It's cute, sweet, funny, realistic and meaningful. It defiitley ended up being more than I thought it would be.

I really enjoyed the characters, especially Mel. Not only is she Canadian like me (WOHOO!) But I could  see a lot of myself in her when it came to personality traits, fears, insecurities etc. It's always freaky when you stumble across a character who resembles yourself in a lot of ways. It's also nice though, just another indicator to point out the fact that you are indeed normal (just in case you were wondering) ;)

Vicks and Jesse were also great and so different from each other. Every main character in this book varies greatly from the other which I thought was refreshing and made for some fun scenerios.

If you're looking for something fun, cute and meaningful to read, I would recommend that you check this one out.

1 comments:

 

Followers

Get In Touch