Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist

Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist
By: Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

It all starts when Nick asks Norah to be his girlfriend for five minutes. He only needs five minutes to avoid his ex-girlfriend, who's just walked in to his band's show. With a new guy. And then, with one kiss, Nick and Norah are off on an adventure set against the backdrop of New York City;and smack in the middle of all the joy, anxiety, confusion, and excitement of a first date.

summary from goodreads.com


My Rating: 3.5/5

I have wanted to read Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist for such a long time. Not only had I heard so many fantastic things about this novel but I'd also come across quite an abundance of praise directed at the two lovely and talented authors behind it, Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. So naturally, how could I resist?

I am guilty of having watched the film adaptation of Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist prior to having read this book. (The movie did however make me want to read the novel even more which is a great thing. Well done movie people!) Both share many similarities (thankfully) but there are also quite a few differences as well. Regardless, both the book and movie are beyond entertaining and just a lot of fun in their own way.

Rachel Cohn and David Levithan are so amazing with character and voice. I just loved how quirky and different Nick and Norah were. They had to be my absolute favourite part of the novel as well as the humor which was spot on and just downright amusing. I also really loved how this novel spans over one long night and how Nick and Norah meet by chance and in the process, experience so much so unexpectedly. I was also a huge fan of all the pop culture references and how music played such a large part in the telling of this story. 

Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist was in short, a blast to read. 

Overall: I believe that there is something in this book for everyone. There's romance, there's humor, quirky, characters, drama, laugh out loud moments as well as serious undertones. As I said above, Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist is such a fun and enjoyable book. It's a fairly short read- which packs a lot of punch- that you can rifle through and enjoy rather quickly and with a smile on your face the entire time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Get In Touch