Contemporary Wednesday


Dead to You
By: Lisa McMann

Pub date: February 7th, 2012 

Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family. It's a miracle... at first. 

Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together. 

But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked. Something unspeakable...

summary from goodreads.com 

Man oh man, does this sound good or what? I have to say, there is something about this concept that intrigues me greatly. I can't pinpoint what exactly but all I know is that when I first read the blurb for this novel I was sold. Thankfully, it comes out in exactly six days! *does happy dance*


Twenty Boy Summer
By: Sarah Ockler

Pub date: June 1st, 2009

"Don’t worry, Anna. I’ll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it."
"Okay."
"Promise me? Promise you won’t say anything?"
"Don’t worry.” I laughed. “It’s our secret, right?"


According to Anna’s best friend, Frankie, twenty days in Zanzibar Bay is the perfect opportunity to have a summer fling, and if they meet one boy every day, there’s a pretty good chance Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna lightheartedly agrees to the game, but there’s something she hasn’t told Frankie–she’s already had her romance, and it was with Frankie’s older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago.

Twenty Boy Summer explores what it truly means to love someone, what it means to grieve, and ultimately, how to make the most of every beautiful moment life has to offer.


summary from goodreads.com 

Sarah Ockler is one of my favourite YA writers and also I believe, one of the best contemporary YA writers being published today. Her novels manage to capture everything in such a perfect and true to live way. She plays a lot upon self growth and also character relationships, both of which I myself am an avid fan. Twenty Boy Summer was my introduction to Ockler as well as her first published novel and perfectly amazing to say the least. I have never felt so much from reading an opening chapters as I did when reading this novel. You can read my review for it here, if interested. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Get In Touch