Sneak Peek Saturday: Injane

Injane
By: Douglas K. Pearson

Pub date: August 2nd, 2010

Most people think I'm crazy because I see things they cannot. But if they saw the blood and the torture, or felt an ounce of the pain I feel, they would know I'm not insane. No one believes me and that makes me more alone than I feel. To those who meet me for the first time, I'm Jane; once they hear my one-sided conversations and terrified screams, they refer to me as Injane.
____________


Chapter One
Winkerbeans/Wednesday
I kill trees.

It’s too bad. Who’ll ever read it all? Every foster family and caseworker to take me on added a chapter to the file. “Jane” on paper. Some scary stuff in there, too. I wouldn’t have the guts to read it. “Mature themes. Not intended for young audiences.”
What a joke.

“So you’re like a scary movie?” a white coat once asked me, pushing his glasses up his nose slope as if to make his findings more awesome. They always ask questions.

I’ve even attempted to make sense of me a time or two, but I’ve long since given up. Not that I’ve given up on me. That’s what others do. And I’m not saying I particularly like myself either. That’s for others too. They try to like me at first. I’ll give them that.

Here’s the short version of me. I’m what some people might refer to as a ‘seer’, but my seeing does more harm than good. With twenty some foster families behind me, I’m a pile of lost and found, left hand mittens.

One of the ‘professionals’ who worked with me for a bit had this theory that my ‘special ability to see’ was the result of a botched abortion. I almost believed it until I found him writing a book and bending me to fit his hypothesis. He was the last shrinker to mess with my mind...

___________
Pot-Boilers Publishing approached me with an excerpt for Injane, one of their latest published novels. I think it sounds very interesting and I know that it will appeal to very many of you so I thought I'd share. :) To read more of the above excerpt you can do so here.

Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Get In Touch