Break

Break
By: Hannah Moskowitz

Jonah is on a mission to break every bone in his body. Everyone knows that broken bones grow back stronger than they were before. Jonah wants to be stronger-needs to be stronger-because everything around him is falling apart.

Breaking, and then healing, is the only way he can cope with the stresses of home, girls, and the world on his shoulders. When Jonah's self-destructive spiral accelerates and he hits rock bottom, will he find true strength or surrender to his breaking point?

summary from book

My Rating: 4/5

Break is a gritty, fast paced novel unlike anything I've read before. I was more than intrigued by the premise because of its peculiarity although I'll be honest in saying that I didn't really understand why, from the summary alone, Jonah was so intent on breaking his bones. In the novel however, I understood quite rapidly that it is just Jonah's way of coping and another form of self harm that he feels will render him stronger. So if you're a little standoffish because you can't quite grasp or understand where this book is coming from you should look at the concept of breaking bones as I mentioned above, another method of self harm that Jonah feels he needs to make himself better.

At no point in time did I know where this book was headed. It's a really addictive read very fast paced and enticing. It's one of those I-couldn't-put-it-down kind of books.I just had to know what was going to happen to Jonah next as well as those around him.

I really enjoyed the characters in this novel and thought they were well fleshed out. The relationship between Jonah and Jesse his younger brother by one year was a nice addition to the story as were their conflicts. I also enjoyed many of the supporting characters especially Charlotte whose relationship with Jonah was very interesting to say the least.

Overall: I will definitely be keeping an eye on Hannah Moskowitz and her future work. There's a realness and honesty to Break that makes becoming absorbed with the characters and their stories that much easier. If you're into fast paced, angsty novels, I really recommend that you check this one out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Get In Touch